Angela Morley - Climbing the Down
Watership Down (1978)
Crossing The River
Composer: Angela Morley
Film: Watership Down (1978)
Now, videogames haven’t made me violent, buy they have made me feel like I’m supposed to pick this up.
and now eugene sledge!
Birdie dream homes forever
I recently watched Watership Down again for the first time in years. It’s probably still one of my favorite animated films.
Here’s a map of the TV Watership world from the Judy Allen books. You can see where the Mansion is from episodes 21-22.
<…> Watership Down is one of my favourite books ever, and I have always recommended it as strongly as it is possible to do so. I even went as far as mapping out the journey on Google Earth, including every place of note. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- The Enborne, although hard to see via satellite, is the river the rabbits crossed early on in their journey.
- Nuthanger Farm, where Hazel is captured and where from the dog is later released.
- Efrafa. If this isn’t the exact location it should be pretty close.
- The bridge the rabbits travel under to avoid the train line.
- The plank bridge near where the boat is found.
- The bridge the rabbits travel under in the boat to escape the Efrafans.
- Watership Down itself. There are walking tracks in the area that can be used to visit the down.